Saturday, July 18, 2009

Semi-weekly update #12

Sorry for the month's absence! I got tied up a little bit by this new job I got for over the summer, and possibly into the school year.

Since I don't have much to say about the progress currently, I'll try to answer some questions.

As of now the numbers for the translation stand about the same as they did when I last posted them, but there are several large files that are currently being translated.

Perhaps I should state how I translate again:
The whole game's script is broken down into many hundreds of files. I go in and randomly open a few, and choose the ones that interest me at the moment, or feel like I should translate and get out of the way and move the files to another folder which contains all the files that I have started translating but have not finished. When I refer to files that are currently being translated, I'm referring to the files in this specific folder.

Also, I am working with delta, the coder on this project. I translate the files and then send them off to him in batches, at which point he can start inserting them back into the game.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll be more than willing to answer them.